Stanley G. Tate Florida Prepaid College Plan
The largest and longest running prepaid tuition program in the country, the Stanley G. Tate Florida Prepaid College Program has helped over one million Florida families save for college and lock in the future cost of attending Florida's public institutions. The value of the plan can be used at any qualified institution nationwide.
4 of 5
- Program typePrepaid Plan contract
- Enrollment periodEnroll any time. The plan announces new pricing at the start of the annual Open Enrollment period. If you enroll outside of the Open Enrollment period, you will receive the pricing information for your plan when the next Open Enrollment period begins.
Open Enrollment: February 1, 2019 through April 30, 2019.
- State agencyFlorida Prepaid College Board
- Tax deduction
- Program ManagerFlorida Prepaid College Board
Ratings & Rankings
Our overall rating for FL residents
This is an excellent program with many benefits for the participant and positive investment attributes. If it has any significant weaknesses then it also has some particularly good things to recommend it.
Our overall rating for non-residents
This program is not open to you either because it has residency requirements or because it has stopped accepting new enrollments.
State residency requirements:
Who can be a participant/owner in the program?
Significant time or age restrictions imposed by the program:
Available tuition packages:
Benefits for beneficiary attending private or out-of-state institution:
Contract payment options:
Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state?
Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way?
Fees & Expenses
Enrollment or application fee:
Taxes and other Benefits
- Tax deduction for single filersNone
- Tax deduction for joint filersNone
Florida doesn't offer tax deductions