Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET)
Washington's Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) Program reopened to new enrollments on November 1, 2017 after a two year freeze in response to the College Affordability Act, which lowered tuition at Washington's public higher education institutions. The State of Washington guarantees that the value of an account will keep pace with the cost of college tuition, no matter how much it changes in the future.
- Program typePrepaid unit / Guaranteed savings
- Enrollment periodNovember 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019.
- State agencyWashington State Student Achievement Council, with the State Treasurer as a member of the GET committee that oversees the program.
- Tax deduction
- Program ManagerWashington State Higher Education Coordinating Board
Ratings & Rankings
Our overall rating for WA residents
This is an excellent program with many benefits for the participant and positive investment attributes. If it has any significant weaknesses then it also has some particularly good things to recommend it.
Our overall rating for non-residents
This program is not open to you either because it has residency requirements or because it has stopped accepting new enrollments.
State residency requirements:
Who can be a participant/owner in the program?
Significant time or age restrictions imposed by the program:
Current value of one unit:
Current unit price:
Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state?
Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way?
Fees & Expenses
Enrollment or application fee:
Taxes and other Benefits
- Tax deduction for single filersNone
- Tax deduction for joint filersNone
Washington doesn't offer tax deductions