Nevada Prepaid Tuition Program
Nevada Prepaid Tuition Program prepaid tuition program offers a variety of tuition packages to Nevada families and University of Nevada alumni.
4 of 5
- Program typePrepaid contract
- Enrollment periodNovember 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021. Newborns may be enrolled through June 30, 2021.
- State agencyBoard of Trustees of the College Savings Plans of Nevada and the State Treasurer's Office
- Tax deduction
- Program ManagerBoard of Trustees of the College Savings Plans of Nevada and the State Treasurer's Office
Ratings & Rankings
Our overall rating for NV residents
This is an excellent program with many benefits for the participant and positive investment attributes. If it has any significant weaknesses then it also has some particularly good things to recommend it.
Our overall rating for non-residents
This program is not open to you either because it has residency requirements or because it has stopped accepting new enrollments.
State residency requirements:
Who can be a participant/owner in the program?
Significant time or age restrictions imposed by the program:
Available tuition packages:
Benefits for beneficiary attending private or out-of-state institution:
Contract payment options:
Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state?
Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way?
Fees & Expenses
Enrollment or application fee:
Taxes and other Benefits
- Tax deduction for single filersNone
- Tax deduction for joint filersNone
Nevada doesn't offer tax deductions
Program match on contributions:
State tax deduction or credit for contributions:
State tax treatment of qualified distributions:
Does the sponsoring state exclude the value of an account for state financial aid purposes?
Does participation in the program provide beneficiaries with any advantages in qualifying for resident tuition status at state institutions?
Is there a rewards program or outside scholarship program that works with this program?
Upromise Helps Families Save for College