College Illinois! 529 Prepaid Tuition Program
College Illinois! was established to make college accessible and affordable for Illinois students and families. Program enrollment for 2018-19 is currently on hold pending continuing discussions with policymakers to help define proposals that will strengthen College Illinois! and efforts to move those proposals forward in the legislative process.
- Program typePrepaid contract
- Enrollment periodCollege Illinois! has a defined enrollment period. Program enrollment for 2018-19 is currently on hold pending continuing discussions with policymakers to help define proposals that will strengthen College Illinois! and efforts to move those proposals forward in the legislative process.
- State agencyIllinois Student Assistance Commission
- Tax deduction
Ratings & Rankings
Our overall rating for IL residents
This is a very good program that offers valuable benefits but may have some limitations or concerns that investors need to know.
Our overall rating for non-residents
This program is not open to you either because it has residency requirements or because it has stopped accepting new enrollments.
State residency requirements:
Who can be a participant/owner in the program?
Significant time or age restrictions imposed by the program:
Available tuition packages:
Benefits for beneficiary attending private or out-of-state institution:
Contract payment options:
Are program benefits backed by the full faith and credit of the state?
Are program benefits collateralized or guaranteed in any other way?
Fees & Expenses
Enrollment or application fee:
Taxes and other Benefits
- Tax deduction for single filers$10,000/yr
- Tax deduction for joint filers$20,000/yr
Married filing jointly residents contributing $100/month can expect an additional $0 a year in tax savings.