Did you know May 29 (5/29) is recognized as National 529 College Savings Plan Day?
During the month of May, states will be looking to boost interest and participation in their 529 savings programs with various sweepstakes, contests and incentives. Scroll down to see our complete list of promotions by state.
We have compiled the following list of state/plan promotions taking place in and around the month of May:
Georgia: Path2College 529 Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
- Enter for a chance to win $1,529 towards a Path2College (Georgia) 529 Plan
- Open to residents - or Path2College 529 Plan account owners - who are the parent, guardian or grandparent of a Georgia Pre-K student enrolled in one of Georgia’s Pre-K programs for the 2018-19 school year.
- Four winners will be selected to win from the following regions: Metro Atlanta, Southeast Georgia, North Georgia, South Georgia
- Each of the four winners will receive a $1,529 contribution to a Path2College Savings plan for the Pre-K student and the four Pre-K programs where the students attend will each receive a $529 check.
- Deadline: April 30, 2019
Oklahoma College Savings Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
- Enter for a chance to win $5,529 towards an Oklahoma College Savings Plan.
- Eligible participants include Oklahoma residents who have a child or grandchild born in 2016 at a participating Oklahoma hospital.
- One entrant will win the grand prize on behalf of his or her newborn child or grandchild, and one prize of $1,529 will be awarded to the volunteer auxiliary at the Oklahoma hospital of the winning newborn.
- Deadline: April 14, 2020
U-Nest Fee-Free College Savings for Families
- Sign up for a U-Nest account and get three free months of account management
- New users who sign up for a U-Nest account between April 2, 2019 and May 29, 2019 are eligible
- Sign up for U-Nest
- Deadline: May 29, 2019
We have compiled the following list of state/plan promotions taking place in and around the month of May (Is your event missing? Contact us here!)
Find your 529 plan - Select your state below
Did you know that residents are not limited to investing in their own state's plan? Another state may offer a plan that performs better and has lower fees. Select your state below to see your state's plan and other options.