Did you know May 29th (5/29) is recognized as National 529 College Savings Plan Day?
During the month of May, states will be looking to boost interest and participation in their 529 savings programs with various sweepstakes, contests and incentives. Scroll down to see our complete list of promotions by state.
We have compiled the following list of state/plan promotions taking place in and around the month of May:
California: ScholarShare 529 Day Match Promotion
- Families who open a new ScholarShare 529 account will receive a matching deposit of $50 to be contributed and invested when the account is open.
- Accounts must be opened between Tuesday, May 29 and Friday June 1, 2018 with a minimum deposit of $50 and sign up for $25 Automatic Contribution Plan for six months.
- Information on other 529 Day events sponsored by ScholarShare .
Georgia: Path2College 529 Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
- Enter for a chance to win $5,529 towards a Path2College (Georgia) 529 Plan
- Open to residents - or Path2College 529 Plan account owners - who are the parent, guardian or grandparent of a child born in a Georgia hospital during 2018.
- One winner will be selected to win $5,529, and will have the option to use all or a portion of the prize to open a Path2College Savings plan for the newborn.
The hospital where the baby is born will also receive a $1,529 check.
- Deadline: April 14, 2019
IDeal – Idaho College Savings Program Matching
- Celebrating 529 day/month by matching $25 for the first 150 accounts opened for a beneficiary aged 0-5.
- Those accounts will also be entered into a drawing for a grand prize of an $800 contribution to an IDeal account. $800 is the average monthly daycare cost for a child 0-5 in Idaho.
- Learn more
Kentucky Education Savings Plan Trust Newborn Giveaway
- Open to parents, grandparents, or guardians of babies born in Kentucky during the prior 12 months.
- One drawing will be held each calendar quarter, and the winner will receive a $529 KESPT college savings account. A total of four drawings will take place this year.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by September 30, 2018.
Nevada: $529 Scholarship Drawing
- Enter for a chance to win a $529 SSgA Upromise 529 Plan.
- Open to Nevada residents with a child age 13 or younger.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Deadline: May 31, 2018
Ohio: CollegeAdvantage 529 Day giveaway
- Enter to win one of five $529 CollegeAdvantage Direct Plan college savings awards to celebrate 529 Day and graduation season.
- The sweepstakes will run from May 22 to June 11
Oklahoma College Savings Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
- Enter for a chance to win $5,529 towards an Oklahoma College Savings Plan.
- Eligible participants include Oklahoma residents who have a child or grandchild born in 2016 at a participating Oklahoma hospital.
- One entrant will win the grand prize on behalf of his or her newborn child or grandchild, and one prize of $1,529 will be awarded to the volunteer auxiliary at the Oklahoma hospital of the winning newborn.
- Deadline: April 14, 2019
Oregon College Savings Plan 529 Day Contest
- Enter to win one of five $529 Oregon College Savings Plan accounts
- No purchase necessary, enter between May 1, and May 29, 2018
Vermont: Celebrate National 529 Day in May! And enter our $529 drawing
- Sign up during the month of May to be entered for a chance at a $529 deposit in a VHEIP account.
- To be eligible to enter, you must be a Vermont resident OR be a VHEIP account owner, and sign up for the drawing
We have compiled the following list of state/plan promotions taking place in and around the month of May (Is your event missing? Contact us here!)
Find your 529 plan - Select your state below
Did you know that residents are not limited to investing in their own state's plan? Another state may offer a plan that performs better and has lower fees. Select your state below to see your state's plan and other options.