529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Research and compare 529 plans
Use this section to research 529 plans from every state. We provide plan information and tools that help you choose which plan is right for you. We have even rated all of the nation's 529 plans so you can quickly compare overall effectiveness of each plan.
- Your state's 529 plan
- See our 5-Cap Ratings
- Enroll in a 529 plan
- Compare 529 plans
- Direct vs adviser-sold plans
- Find a 529 professional
We provide overall ratings of how effective a plan is for both in-state investors and out of state investors.
- What is direct-sold vs adviser-sold?
- What is a 529 plan?
- 529 plans & financial aid
- What does college cost?
- College savings tutorial
If you want expert advice on which 529 Plan is right for you. Search our directory to find an 529 professional near you.
Tools & calculators
- The World's Simplest College Cost Calculator
- Is your college eligible under 529 rules?
- Top 10 performing direct-sold plans
See a complete list of 529 plans that you can enroll in directly.
Plans can differ in critical areas. Compare features across all plans.
- State tax deductions available for residents
- Enrollment fees charged
- Do I have to be a resident to apply?
- Can I sign-up online?
- Can I change the account owner?
For state residents
Not sure where to start when choosing a 529 plan? Begin by understanding your state's 529 plan and state tax treatment.
- Is there a tax incentive for using my state's 529 plan?
- How well does my state's 529 plan perform?
- Does my State offer to match my own contributions to an in-state plan?
- How to take advantage of your state's tax deduction
529 plan featured articles
[PODCAST] Getting started with a 529 plan - Step 1: Finding the best plan
529 accounts are relatively simple to set up, but with over 100+ different options available, even the most savvy investors are sometimes left wondering where to begin. In this new podcast series, we discuss the steps to take when setting up a new 529 college savings account.
Can your 529 withdrawals be used toward electronics?
A question that’s been on the minds of families for some time now is whether or not “supplies and equipment” includes electronics such as computers, smartphones and tablets.