529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Research and compare 529 plans
Did you know?
Some States offer tax incentives if you are a State Resident. Start by researching your State's 529 plan.
Use this section to research 529 plans from every state. We provide plan information and tools that help you choose which plan is right for you. We have even rated all of the nation's 529 plans so you can quickly compare overall effectiveness of each plan.
We provide overall ratings of how effective a plan is for both in-state investors and out of state investors.
- What is direct-sold vs adviser-sold?
- What is a 529 plan?
- 529 plans & financial aid
- What does college cost?
- College savings tutorial
If you want expert advice on which 529 Plan is right for you. Search our directory to find an 529 professional near you.
Plans can differ in critical areas. Compare features across all plans.
- State tax deductions available for residents
- Enrollment fees charged
- Do I have to be a resident to apply?
- Can I sign-up online?
- Can I change the account owner?
For state residents
Not sure where to start when choosing a 529 plan? Begin by understanding your state's 529 plan and state tax treatment.
- Is there a tax incentive for using my state's 529 plan?
- How well does my state's 529 plan perform?
- Does my State offer to match my own contributions to an in-state plan?
- How to take advantage of your state's tax deduction
Tools & calculators
- The World's Simplest College Cost Calculator
- Is your college eligible under 529 rules?
- Top 10 performing direct-sold plans
See a complete list of 529 plans that you can enroll in directly.