529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Savingforcollege.com's Family Guide to College Savings
Courtesy of Savingforcollege.com
Get your copy today!
You will be asked to complete a brief survey before being able to download the guide for Kindle (.mobi), Nook, iBook, or eInk (.epub), and other devices (.pdf)
Your privacy is important to us.
About the Guide
Written for the individual investor, this guide explores the planning and savings options available to families that are saving for a child's college education.
Whether you are a new parent looking to get a head start on saving for your child's education or a grandparent wishing to help your grandkids afford their dream college, this is the PERFECT starting place to learn how to create the best savings strategy for you.
The guide covers these important topics:
- Affording the college of your choice
- College planning vs. retirement planning
- Comparing college savings alternatives such as 529 plans, Coverdell education savings accounts, UGMA/UTMA accounts, and taxable investment accounts
- Transferring assets between accounts
- Financial aid considerations
- Putting your college savings plan together.
Also included in the Family Guide is a comprehensive chart that compares the different aspects of 529 plans with other college savings alternatives. This makes a great quick-reference tool to research the different options side-by-side.