529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Last Updated: January 1, 2013
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Many of the features of savingforcollege.com are available to you without your providing personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The following are certain situations in which SFC may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration for Newsletters and Sweepstakes. SFC collects personally identifiable information from you if you register online for one of SFC's newsletters and when you enter SFC's sweepstakes. When you register online with SFC, SFC asks for personally identifiable information like your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, personal interests and other demographic information.
- Forms. SFC may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on savingforcollege.com.
- Correspondence. If you send SFC personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send SFC correspondence about your activities or postings on savingforcollege.com, SFC may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Business Partners. SFC may receive your personally identifiable information from one of SFC's business partners.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
SFC uses your personally identifiable information as follows:
- to improve SFC's marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve SFC's content and product offerings, and customize SFC's content, layout, and services;
- to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of savingforcollege.com;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Unless you are entering one of SFC's sweepstakes, SFC does not currently sell your personally identifiable information. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Advertisers. SFC may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, SFC may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose it to network advertisers in a non-personally identifiable manner as set forth in the section entitled "Network Advertisers," set forth below. SFC does not disclose your information in a personally identifiable manner to such third party advertisers without your consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, SFC reserves the right (and you authorize SFC) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when SFC determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- you are interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, SFC's rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
SFC may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to savingforcollege.com and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of savingforcollege.com or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider's point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
Opt- Out and Changes to Personally Identifiable Information and Use Preferences
You may at any time request a copy of SFC's record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of SFC's use of your personally identifiable information by contacting SFC via any of the methods set forth below:
- Via telephone: (585) 286-5426
- Via fax: (585) 286-5428
- Via mail: Saving For College, LLC, 1151 Pittsford Victor Rd, Ste 103, Pittsford, NY 14534
- Via email: use our contact form.
- Via online link: http://www.savingforcollege.com/
If you would like to opt-out of third-party advertising companies' use of your information for the network advertising purposes described above, click here.
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
Savingforcollege.com sends only verified, double-opt-in e-mail newsletters, specifically requested by SFC subscribers. Subscriptions to Savingforcollege.com newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to SFC's list. Savingforcollege.com is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. SFC, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. SFC, and its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
"Web beacons", also called single-pixels (1x1) or clear GIFs, are electronic images that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those Web sites. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web beacons.
- Internal use of Web beacons. SFC may use Web beacons internally to count users and recognize users through cookies. Access to cookies helps SFC personalize your experience when you visit savingforcollege.com.
- Email. SFC may include Web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that SFC or its affiliates or agents send. Including Web beacons in email messages helps SFC determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web beacons. SFC may also use Web beacons externally. For example, SFC may report aggregate information about Savingforcollege.com users, such as demographic and usage information, to its partners and other third parties. SFC may also include other company's Web beacons within Savingforcollege.com.
Personally identifiable information you submit to SFC is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas SFC uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises SFC security measures, SFC will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party's ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
Access and Use of savingforcollege.com
Savingforcollege.com is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. SFC does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
Questions or Concerns
Governing Law; Arbitration
Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and SFC, and your and SFC's respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or SFC be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, and both you and SFC hereby waive your rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.