529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- FREE Family Guide download
- 529 Savings vs. Loans
- Compare 529 plan performance
- Annual College Savings Survey
The simplest way to estimate college costs.
Use our directory to find a 529 professional near you.
[INFOGRAPHIC] College Savings Month Survey Results
by Kathryn Flynn
This year's College Savings Month survey revealed what factors families feel are most important when choosing a 529 plan. View our new infographic to see a summary of the findings.
- 10/17: College Illinois! Prepaid Tuition Program reduces prices
- 10/03: New York 529 College Savings Program lowers fees
- 10/02: Tennessee provides matching TNStars 529 grant to low-income families
- 10/02: College Savings Iowa lowers fees
- 10/02: Utah Educational Savings Plan lowers Administrative Mail Delivery Fee
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
A few questions about rollovers
I did a rollover at the end of last year from a Coverdell to a 529 (it went from my Vanguard Coverdell account directly into my 529 plan. I never received the money). I have a couple of questions: 1) I received a 1099-Q. Does this transaction need to be reported anywhere on my taxes? 2) I believe I read that you can only do one rollover in a 12 month period. Is that from the date of the distribution?... Discuss