529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- Top ten 529 plans
- Which expenses are qualified?
- Enroll in a 529 Plan
- Help your child get into a top school
- FREE Family Guide download
- Financial Aid Basics
- Learn about Upromise Rewards
- Find the lowest-cost 529
529 College Savings Planner
The easiest way to estimate college costs and compare 529 plans.
Want to land a great job? Here's where you should go to school
According to hiring managers, these are the top 10 colleges in the U.S.
- 08/20: Washington state suspends popular GET college savings program
- 08/17: VSAC selects Intuition College Savings Solutions to manage Vermont 529 Plan
- 07/20: Nebraska seeks program manager for ABLE Program
- 07/14: Nevada passes tax credit for employers who match 529 contributions
- 07/08: Missouri issues RFP for 529 program manager
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
A few questions about rollovers
I did a rollover at the end of last year from a Coverdell to a 529 (it went from my Vanguard Coverdell account directly into my 529 plan. I never received the money). I have a couple of questions: 1) I received a 1099-Q. Does this transaction need to be reported anywhere on my taxes? 2) I believe I read that you can only do one rollover in a 12 month period. Is that from the date of the distribution?... Discuss