529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- Top ten 529 plans
- Which expenses are qualified?
- Enroll in a 529 Plan
- Help your child get into a top school
- FREE Family Guide download
- Financial Aid Basics
- Learn about Upromise Rewards
- Find the lowest-cost 529
529 College Savings Planner
The easiest way to estimate college costs and compare 529 plans.
Avoid these 529 withdrawal traps
Once you've entered the "withdrawal phase," of your 529 plan, be sure you make the right decisions when tapping your 529 account. Here are six mistakes you'll want to avoid.
- 08/20: Washington state suspends popular GET college savings program
- 08/17: VSAC selects Intuition College Savings Solutions to manage Vermont 529 Plan
- 07/20: Nebraska seeks program manager for ABLE Program
- 07/14: Nevada passes tax credit for employers who match 529 contributions
- 07/08: Missouri issues RFP for 529 program manager
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
A few questions about rollovers
I did a rollover at the end of last year from a Coverdell to a 529 (it went from my Vanguard Coverdell account directly into my 529 plan. I never received the money). I have a couple of questions: 1) I received a 1099-Q. Does this transaction need to be reported anywhere on my taxes? 2) I believe I read that you can only do one rollover in a 12 month period. Is that from the date of the distribution?... Discuss