529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- These states are giving away free money for college
- Help your child get into a top school
- Learn about Upromise Rewards
- FREE Family Guide download
College Savings by the Numbers
Think about how much you want to save for college, the strategies you’re using to do so, and any extra steps you can take to boost your efforts.
- 05/26: iShares 529 Plan adds share classes
- 05/18: 1Q 2016 529 plan assets up, continue to reach year-over-year highs
- 05/16: Wealthfront pursuing new 529 plan in Nevada
- 05/06: Nevada's Vanguard 529 College Savings Plan announces lower fees
- 04/21: NEST Direct College Savings Plan to lower fees and make changes to investment options
529 College Savings Planner
The easiest way to estimate college costs and compare 529 plans.
FREE Book Download
Get our Family Guide to College Savings for free and start saving today!
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)