529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- FREE Family Guide download
- Which Expenses are Qualified?
- Receive our newsletter
- 529 plan performing?
The simplest way to estimate college costs.
Use our directory to find a 529 professional near you.
- What is a 529 plan
- Your state's 529 details
- Compare 529 plans
- Financial aid basics
- 529s for grandparents
- List of eligible colleges
- Article archive
College saving tutorial
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
529 and tax deduction for education expenses
My husband is going back to school in February 2014. As a result, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about 529s and tax deductions for educational expenses. We live in PA, so 529 contributions are tax deductible at the state level, but since we won't be earning much in the 529s, are the tax deductible contributions worth it? Discuss
- 12/05: 529 plan assets continue to reach year-over-year highs
- 11/13: New York's 529 College Savings Program now allowing changes to account ownership
- 11/13: North Carolina to eliminate state tax deduction in 2014
- 11/11: Pennsylvania 529 Investment Plan to lower fees in December
- 10/24: College Board reports historical low for percentage increase in 2013-14 college costs