529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
To help answer that question, we've updated our 529 Fee Study for recent changes made by several of the 529 savings plans. More here.
The simplest way to estimate college costs.
Use our directory to find a 529 professional near you.
- 04/21: NJBEST lowers program management fee
- 04/21: Franklin Templeton 529 College Savings Plan reduces program management fee
- 04/14: Wisconsin governor signs law to extend 529 plan tax deduction benefits
- 04/10: Sallie Mae "How America Saves for College" Survey shows that college savings are up
- 03/31: Congress to consider bill improving 529 plans
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
How to get socially responsible with 529 plans
by Kathryn Flynn
Happy Earth Day! Did you know that you can help preserve the environment by saving for college? Here are four investment managers that offer Socially Responsible Investment options through 529 college savings plans.
A few questions about rollovers
I did a rollover at the end of last year from a Coverdell to a 529 (it went from my Vanguard Coverdell account directly into my 529 plan. I never received the money). I have a couple of questions: 1) I received a 1099-Q. Does this transaction need to be reported anywhere on my taxes? 2) I believe I read that you can only do one rollover in a 12 month period. Is that from the date of the distribution?... Discuss