529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Looking to contribute to your grandchild's college fund? You've come to the right place.
According to a 2014 survey released by Fidelity, 72 percent of grandparents feel that it is important to help pay for their grandchildren's college education. This page is dedicated to helping those grandparents understand the unique benefits of 529 college savings plans and the best ways to give their grandchildren a chance for success.
Grandparents' Common Concerns
- I don't know which college they will attend!
- What if junior doesn't go to college?
- Can I access the money if I needed it urgently?
- What happens to the 529 plan if I die?
- Medicaid: Are 529 plans counted in my assets?
- Will a 529 affect junior's chances for Financial Aid?
Featured Articles for Grandparents
Ask an expert: How do grandparent-owned 529 plans affect financial aid eligibility?
Matthew Toner of Savingforcollege.com responds to the frequently asked-about topic of grandparent-owned 529 accounts and their effect on financial aid eligibility.
15 facts about financial aid eligibility
Feeling overwhelmed by the process of applying for financial aid? Fear not! These fifteen facts can help you determine how much financial aid you may be eligible for.
College: The Ultimate Gift Idea This Holiday Season
Grandparents Can Help Fill the College Savings Void
Structuring your 529 investment
- Separate 529 plans for each grandchild or one to cover all?
- When a parent already has a 529 plan for my grandchild.
Tax Planning Issues
World's Simplest College Calculator
The simplest way to estimate college costs.