529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
Why you should teach your kids about money
Studies have shown that kids who are involved in family finances are much more likely to save money themselves, yet many parents still have reluctance when it comes to discussing financial matters with their kids.
Can your 529 withdrawals be used toward electronics?
A question that’s been on the minds of families for some time now is whether or not “supplies and equipment” includes electronics such as computers, smartphones and tablets.
Updated study: 529 asset allocations vary widely
A recently-updated study conducted by Savingforcollege.com reveals significant variations in the asset-allocation approach for underlying age-based portfolio options.
Asset Allocations in Age-Based Portfolios - Advisor
A Savingforcollege.com study looks at how advisor-sold 529 plans allocate among stocks, bonds, and money market (or similar) investments as the beneficiary gets close to college age or is in college.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Video)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Script)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Video)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.