529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
529 Day - The Definitive Guide
Many states are promoting May 29 (5/29) as a day with special meaning, and are looking to boost interest and participation in their 529 savings programs with various sweepstakes, contests and incentives.
College savings success stories: Our own success
We thought you might be interested in how saving for college worked for our own families. This week’s success story comes from our very own Chief Operating Officer, Marie Osypian.
How to get socially responsible with 529 plans
Happy Earth Day! Did you know that you can help preserve the environment by saving for college? Here are four investment managers that offer Socially Responsible Investment options through 529 college savings plans.
Benchmarking the 529 industry
Investors, advisors, and the financial media all want to know how well 529 plans, as a group, are performing. In other words, are 529 plans delivering solid investment returns?
College Savings Timeline: New beginnings
For those of you who are about to enter the world of parenthood – Congratulations! Believe it or not, this is the ideal time to start a college savings fund. Here are five steps to get started today.
10 investing terms every college saver should understand
In honor of Financial Literacy Month, here’s a quick rundown of ten often-misunderstood investing terms that you’re likely to come across when choosing a saving strategy.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Video)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Script)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Video)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.