529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
- The magic of beneficiary changes
- Making the right year-end moves
- 2013 Top Advisor-sold 529 Plans Q3
- 2013 plan performance rankings Q3
- 2013 one-year top performing direct plans Q3
- 2013 three-year top performing direct plans Q3
- 2013 five-year top performing direct plans Q3
- 2013 ten-year top performing direct plans Q3
- Curing financial-aid dependence
- Avoiding the financial-aid trap with grandparent 529s
- Did college just get less expensive?
- College Savings Current Events
- Using multiple 529 plans
- Coming soon to a state near you: tax-free investment accounts for those with disabilities.
- America’s Parents Get a B-Minus on Their College Savings Report Card
- UGMA/UTMA conversions to 529: When do they make sense?
- Celebrate College Savings Month!
- 529s for aunts and uncles
- Asset Allocations in Age-Based Portfolios - Advisor
- Asset Allocations in Age-Based Portfolios - Direct
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Video)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Script)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Video)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.