529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
The 2014 Annual College Savings Survey Results
The Annual College Savings Survey was designed to shed light on consumer beliefs and actions in relation to 529 plans. The results uncovered a number of key findings that we are excited to share with our readers in a new series of blog posts.
College savings in a nutshell
Recommendations for exploring the Savingforcollege.com website, tailored to the visitor's stage in the college planning process.
The 40-Day College Savings Challenge
Regardless of your religious beliefs, Lent can be a great time to focus on good spending habits. Over the next 40 days, we challenge our readers to find ways to cut their budget and make room for college savings.
Tax reform and 529 plans
Joe shares his thoughts on the Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee's recently-proposed comprehensive tax reform package and its effect on tax incentives for education.
Welcome to the new and improved Savingforcollege.com Blog!
Whether you are a new parent, grandparent or professional advisor, we are committed to offering the most timely and relevant college savings content while encouraging interaction, comments and feedback.
Opportunity exists for more advisor 529 sales
Savingforcollege.com recently conducted its first annual College Savings Survey, an online survey of our website visitors designed to investigate families' beliefs, goals, and actions when it comes to saving for college in America.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Video)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Script)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Video)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.