529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
15 freaky facts about financial aid eligibility
Feeling overwhelmed by the process of applying for financial aid? Fear not! These fifteen facts can help you determine how much financial aid you may be eligible for.
[INFOGRAPHIC] College Savings Month Survey Results
This year's College Savings Month survey revealed what factors families feel are most important when choosing a 529 plan. View our new infographic to see a summary of the findings.
[PODCAST] Getting started with a 529 plan - Step 3: Maximizing your savings
In the third and final episode of the "Getting Started with a 529 Plan" series, Kathryn Flynn and Joseph Hurley discuss ways you can maximize the savings in your 529 plan in order to meet your college savings goals.
Does this 529 plan rule leave you scratching your head?
Investing in your home state's 529 plan can have some great benefits, but you should still explore the 529 options in other states as well.
Going "all-in" on 529 plans
The IRS permits 529 plans to establish very high contribution limits—currently the highest is $452,210 in Pennsylvania. The reason for such generosity is because Congress in developing Section 529 did not want to prevent families with sufficient financial resources from saving for the FULL cost of postsecondary education, including both undergraduate and graduate school expenses.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.