529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
Top Ten Direct-Sold 529 Plans*
The highly-anticipated Savingforcollege.com 529 plan rankings are here! This slideshow features our most recent top ten list of direct-sold 529 plans for one-year investment performance.
Despite rising tuition prices, more students are just saying "No" to loans
Last week, the College Board released its annual "Trends in College Pricing" report, which revealed some much needed positive news regarding student borrowing.
2014 plan performance rankings Q3
Savingforcollege.com's Q3 529 performance rankings analyze one, three, five, and ten year investment performance as of September 30, 2014 and rank 529 savings plans from best to worst.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.