529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
Five simple steps to enrolling in a 529 plan
Wondering just to how go about opening a 529 plan? You're not alone! According to our 2nd annual Annual College Savings Survey, 86 percent of those who intend to open a 529 plan don't know the steps involved. Don't worry - we're here to help!
How to get socially responsible with 529 plans
Happy Earth Day! Did you know that you can help preserve the environment by saving for college? Here are four investment managers that offer Socially Responsible Investment options through 529 college savings plans.
Are U.S. Savings Bonds still an effective way to save for college?
Way back before smart phones, Netflix and Facebook, many families were using savings bonds as a way to set aside money for college. If you're still holding on to your bonds - is it time for an upgrade?
Ask an Expert: How can I move my funds from one 529 plan to another without incurring taxes?
There are many reasons for considering a change in 529 plans. Marguerita Cheng of Blue Ocean Global Wealth explains how to transfer funds from one 529 plan to another without incurring tax consequences.
Mint.com expert interview on paying for college
We recently had the opportunity to share our advice on funding higher education with Mint.com in their Expert Interview series. In honor of Financial Literacy Month, read though this interview to learn some great tips on the best ways to pay for college.
Six must-know 529 plan rules
Even with all of the recent publicity surrounding 529 plans, many families are still confused about how they operate. Click through this slideshow to view the biggest misconceptions according to this year's Annual College Savings Survey.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.