529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
You're saying my financial advisor can help me plan for college?
Most parents and grandparent already know that they can open a 529 plan through an advisor, but what they may not realize is that advisors are also helping to make college attainable in other ways.
Eight reasons why grandparents love 529 plans
If you’re a grandparent there are a variety of different ways you can help pay for college. Here are eight reasons why we think saving with a 529 plan could be your best bet.
[PODCAST] Getting started with a 529 plan - Step 1: Finding the best plan
529 accounts are relatively simple to set up, but with over 100+ different options available, even the most savvy investors are sometimes left wondering where to begin. In this new podcast series, we discuss the steps to take when setting up a new 529 college savings account.
Oops, I withdrew too much 529 money!
I frequently receive questions about the consequences of tuition refunds or credits after 529 funds have been used to pay the expenses. Will there be tax and penalty to pay?
Five reasons competency-based education might be for you
Competency-based education is a new trend in online higher education that caters to those who may have financial or time restraints that prevent a traditional college experience. Here are five reasons why this non-traditional type of college program might be for you.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.