529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
Oops, I withdrew too much 529 money!
I frequently receive questions about the consequences of tuition refunds or credits after 529 funds have been used to pay the expenses. Will there be tax and penalty to pay?
10 things you need to know about getting scholarships
When students are searching for scholarships, they must keep the following 10 things in mind to save time and reduce frustration.
It Pays to Start Saving: 5 Ways to Get Started Now
Saving 100% of what you need for college may be difficult, any savings will open options and reduce the need to take on student debt.
The 10 states with the fastest rising college tuition
Tuition prices have been rising across the country, but some states have experienced sharper increases than others. If you're planning to send your child to one of the following ten states, you might want to consider increasing your 529 plan contributions.
529 Day Webcast - Meet the experts
Don't miss our 529 Day Webcast taking place on May 29th! Learn more about the panel of leading industry experts who will be answering your college savings questions.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.