529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
Avoid these 529 withdrawal traps
Once you've entered the "withdrawal phase," of your 529 plan, be sure you make the right decisions when tapping your 529 account. Here are six mistakes you'll want to avoid.
Finding the lowest-cost 529 savings plans
Savingforcollege.com's semi-annual 529 Fee Study compares the lowest and highest 10-year expense totals for all direct-sold 529 savings plans. The purpose of our study is to give you an easy way to view and compare these cost estimates.
Benefits of 529 plans - How to Save for College HQ PODCAST
In this "How to Save for College HQ" Podcast, Celest Horton and Kathryn Flynn discuss the benefits of 529 plans and the importance of starting to save as soon as possible.
College Savings Timeline: Time for college
All the hard work you've put into building up your child's college savings account has paid off, and now it's time for them to head off to college. What steps do you need to take to make a 529 plan withdrawal when the first tuition bill arrives?
VIDEO - What happens to my 529 plan money if my child gets a scholarship?
Parents are sometimes hesitant to open a 529 account for their child because they are afraid of incurring penalties on any unused funds. However, there are some exceptions to the to the penalty rule:
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Script)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Video)
- Can grandparents open a 529? (Script)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Video)
- Do I have to use my own state's 529 plan? (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.