529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
5 signs it might be time to refinance your student loansby By Andrew Josuweit, CEO of Student Loan Hero
Student loan refinancing could save some borrowers thousands of dollars over the life of their loans. Learn about 5 times when it might make sense for you.
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
Raising city kids? 8 states where you can save the most money
If you want your kids to grow up in an urban environment and still have room for college savings in your budget, check out these 8 low-cost cities.
Where to start when choosing a 529 plan?
An important question to ask is whether you will invest in a 529 plan directly, or will you use a financial adviser? Your answer to this question will help narrow down your choices, as about half of all 529 plans are sold through brokers.
How much is your state's 529 plan tax deduction really worth?
In addition to federal benefits, many states offer full or partial state tax deductions for contributions to a 529 plan. This map helps you get a better idea of how much your state's tax benefit may be worth.
Looking for more info on any of these topics?
- 529 plans
- Cost of college
- Coverdell ESA
- Financial Aid
- Qualified expenses
- Tax benefits
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- What are the 3 biggest 529 plan myths? (Video)
- What are the 3 biggest 529 plan myths? (Script)
- Does a 529 plan affect financial aid? (Video)
- Does a 529 plan affect financial aid? (Script)
- How much does college cost? (Video)
- How much does college cost? (Script)
- What Are The Top 7 Benefits Of 529 Plans? (Video)
- What Are The Top 7 Benefits Of 529 Plans? (Script)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.