529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
FAQ on 529 investment changes
The IRS permits only one investment change within a beneficiary's 529 account in any calendar year. Here are some answers to frequently-asked questions regarding this limitation.
5 reasons to keep your 529 plan open during college
Even if there's only a small balance left in your 529 plan after paying your tuition bills, it's usually a smart idea to keep the plan up and running. Learn why.
15 freaky facts about financial aid eligibility
Feeling overwhelmed by the process of applying for financial aid? Fear not! These fifteen facts can help you determine how much financial aid you may be eligible for.
[INFOGRAPHIC] College Savings Month Survey results
This year's College Savings Month survey revealed what factors families feel are most important when choosing a 529 plan. View our new infographic to see a summary of the findings.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
- What happens to my 529 if my child gets a scholarship? (Video)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.