529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
You can enroll in a 529 plan directly or through a financial advisor. There are benefits and costs associated with both approaches and you should be aware of these as you research which plan is right for you! Learn more...
- Find 529 plan professionals near you
- Top 10 plans you can enroll in directly
- See details of all 529 plans
Check out the Hot Topics we have covered recently.
529 plans and their tax benefits are here to stay
College savers can now breathe a sigh of relief as the President plans to drop his proposal to eliminate tax-free withdrawals of 529 college savings plans.
How 7 different assets can affect your financial aid eligibility
Are you planning on applying for financial aid? Before you fill out the FAFSA, remember that not all funds are created equal in determining your Expected Family Contribution. This slideshow explains the different effects that seven household assets can have on your financial aid eligibility.
What you need to know about President Obama's 529 tax proposal
In light of President Obama's recent proposal to eliminate the federal tax benefits of 529 plans, here are the facts on the proposal as it currently stands, as well as some ideas on how you can take action against it.
The President's backdoor plan to increase 529 savings
Reaction to President Obama's proposal to impose tax on qualified distributions from 529 savings accounts.
10 reasons why president obama's proposal to reduce 529 benefits will NOT be enacted
President Obama's proposal to streamline education tax incentives calls for a rollback of the tax-free qualified withdrawals from 529 education savings plans that were enacted in 2001. Here are ten reasons why it's most likely that this proposal will not be enacted into law.
5 ways to avoid student loans
If you want your teenager to go to college without taking student loans, itís important that you make a plan right now to prepare for that. Rachel Cruze explains a few ideas for how to get started.
Q&A with 529 Guru: Joe Hurley
Specialist Joe Hurley answers your questions.
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
Ask your question on our message board.
Search content from prior years.