529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Current job openings at Savingforcollege.com
Openings that we are currently seeking to fill are described below. Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter summarizing your experience, career objectives, along with your resume, via email to Marcos Cordero at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Savingforcollege.com, 1151 Pittsford Victor Rd, Ste 103, Pittsford NY 14534. We request that email submissions are in either Adobe .pdf or MS Word to ensure we are able to read your submission.
Senior Investment Tax Specialist for Leading Online Financial Publisher
Miami and New York
We are an exciting group of technology companies with offices in Rochester, NY and Miami, Florida that is revolutionizing college savings. The companies include the #1 college savings information site for both consumers and professionals. With millions of annual visitors, our sites are the premier destination for information related to college savings, and we are expanding our suite of products and services with a stellar team.
We are a leading third party publisher of reviews, analysis, calculators, and basic and advanced tax strategies related to college savings and 529 plans.
We are looking for an energetic professional to serve as a college-savings subject matter expert to include research, authoring and strategic business development. This role also assumes responsibility for the many media inquiries we receive along with live and recorded presentations. The company founder is regarded as one of the country's leading 529 experts, and will train you on advanced 529 and college savings topics.
To be successful in this role, you must have knowledge and experience with investment research and tax strategy , and you must be passionate about breaking down complex and rich amounts of data and information to make it understandable for the millions of families that visit our site every year.
You are constantly learning and able to identify and keep abreast of market trends and tax/legal developments.
You are an engaging presenter and prolific and creative with your writing.
Other fun requirements
5 to 8 years of experience in Big 4 accounting firm, tax department of a law firm, or related industry experience
CPA, Masters in Tax and/or LLM preferred
In depth knowledge of tax issues related to investments a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build relationships within all levels of the organization
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style
Resume showcasing your relevant experience
Savingforcollege.com is the leading source of objective information on college savings, read by thousands of parents each day. We are seeking an experienced financial writer to help us expand our content to include topical and timely content for families saving for college. This is a great opportunity for a creative individual with solid writing experience to put his or her skills to work to enhance and create more engaging content for a well-established website.
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week), with the possibility of becoming full-time.
- Conceive, research and write a weekly in-depth article (500 to 1,000 words) and blog posts for publication online on topics related to college savings and personal finance for families.
- Develop and execute ideas for multimedia content to complement and enhance written articles, e.g., video, infographics, slide shows, etc.
- Contribute to, edit and proof monthly newsletters and premium content for professional subscribers.
- Contribute to the development of the website's content strategy and editorial calendar.
Our ideal candidate
- Will have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least three years of experience writing personal finance content, including previous experience creating content for a website. Familiarity with specific college savings and financial aid topics is a plus.
- Has outstanding writing, planning, and research skills.
- Has experience transforming complex information into compelling content for the average reader.
- Is web savvy and understands digital media trends.
Digital / Interactive Advertising Sales Executive
We are an exciting group of internet companies with offices in Rochester, NY and Miami, Florida that is revolutionizing college savings. The companies include the #1 college savings information site and an innovative online college savings registry (think: KickStarter for child's college savings). Our site is the premier destination for information related to college savings, and we are expanding our suite of products and services with a stellar team.
We have existing, direct advertising relationships with the leading financial institutions in the country, and are seeking to expand our clients with larger national advertisers that are also focused in the personal finance space.
If you're looking for a career (not just another job), a company that's invested in your personal/career development, base salary, great training and growth in an "evergreen" industry of college savings, read below.
To be successful in this role, you must have prior sales experience and solid understanding of digital advertising trends. You are a mover & shaker with spectacular communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, a salesperson extraordinaire that loves to spend their time prospecting, networking & closing. You are assertive, focused and can move forward quickly to develop rapport with both existing customers and new prospects regarding marketing solutions.
Other fun requirements
3+ years of outside sales experience using a consultative, solution selling approach.
Social Media or digital media sales experience is a must, familiar with interactive media trends a huge plus
BA/BS in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred or equivalent experience
Candidates must be a tenacious hunter focused on acquiring and closing new mid to large size accounts.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs
Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
PHP Developer/LAMP Software Engineer
PHP Developer to join a fast growing personal finance internet company. Exciting with great pay.
Are you a LAMP Software Engineer who writes fantastic code...and equally great documentation? Are you a stellar PHP Developer who is looking for a company that is established yet growing rapidly? Does the idea of helping build a brand through technology excite you? If so, keep reading!
We have offices in Rochester, NY and Miami, Florida that is revolutionizing college savings; we are the #1 college savings information site as well as an innovating online college savings registry (think: KickStarter for child's college savings). Our site is the premier destination for information related to college savings, and we are expanding our suite of products and services with a stellar team. Our mission is to demystify college savings, and help families nationwide more easily save for college.
Lives to code; codes to live. You know who you are... keyboards down!
Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
Have a few years of professional experience (or maybe you worked really hard as an intern!)
About the job
As a key player in the growth of the company, you will be involved with the following:
- Developing applications using PHP such as the e-commerce website, reporting tools, consumer application
- Creating high volume web services
- Making API calls to various social networks and email applications
- Converting functional requirements to working application
- Participating in code reviews, create and practice coding standards
- Participating in application testing
Other fun requirements
- 4+ years of PHP experience.
- Solid knowledge of SQL (particularly MySQL)
- Knowledge of standards and best practice design patterns for Object Oriented Programming, MVC (CakePHP) and Database design
- Good design taste (even for internal applications)