529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Which is the best 529 plan available?Updated: 2015-01-02
Table of Contents
- What is a 529 plan?
- Are 529 plans only for my state's public colleges?
- Name the top 7 benefits of 529 plans
- Does a 529 plan affect financial aid?
- What is the penalty on an unused 529 plan?
- Are there gift & estate tax benefits for 529 plans?
- Can I have 529 plans from multiple states?
- Which is the best 529 plan available?
- What are the top-performing 529 plans?
The honest answer is that it's up to you to decide based on your own circumstances and objectives. The best plan for one family may not be the best plan for another, so the best answer is to use our tools & calculators to research your options.
See a list of the Top 10 performing plans an investor can enroll in directly...here.
However, there are other plans that a Financial Advisor can introduce you to that are not on this list. See our directory to find a Financial Advisor near you.
Be sure to consider getting the book, "The Best Way to Save for College - A Complete Guide to 529 Plans", for in-depth information and planning ideas (or ask your public library to order a copy).