How likely is it that you will attend college or graduate school classes, on campus or online, at any time in the future?
Discuss this topic on our message board
You have already voted.
- Should non-residents be required to pay more in expenses than residents of the state?
- If you were expecting to have children in the future, would you consider opening a 529 account now with yourself as beneficiary?
- Would you be interested in a prepaid tuition plan that gives you 100% (no more, no less) of the tuition increases at ANY college attended?
- Do you think states should allow tax deductions for 529 plan contributions when the funds are used to pay for K-12 tuition?
- Do "free tuition" programs such as the one introduced in New York discourage families from saving for higher education?
- Should the federal government intervene to address mounting student debt?
- How did you first hear about 529 Plans?
- Do you think that allowing tax-free rollovers of unused 529 plan funds into a Roth IRA would be a good idea?
- Is your investment approach to college savings similar to your approach to retirement savings?
- Which approach would best encourage more Americans to save for college with 529 plans?
- Should the federal tax treatment of 529 plans be changed?
- Is a 4-yr college degree worth it, assuming it costs $100K including loans?
- How many investment changes should you be allowed each year in your 529 plan?
- Which factor is MOST important to you when choosing a 529 plan?
- Should states subsidize the cost of running a 529 plan to keep participant expenses low?
- Which is better: a 529 plan with just a few investment options (all performing well), or a lot of options (some not performing well)?
- Would you choose to use your own state's 529 plan "out of loyalty" even if its expenses were slightly higher than a competing plan?
- Should a state step in and pledge taxpayer moneys to satisfy the promises of the state's prepaid tuition plan?
- Do you think states should be giving state tax deductions for 529-plan contributions?
- Would you consider donating any leftover funds in your 529 account to a charitable scholarship program?
- If you had already been saving for college, has the recession (stock market, job situation, etc.) caused you to slow down your saving?
- If you had 1 year or less before your child started college, which of the following would be your preferred allocation among asset classes in your 529 savings account?
- How confusing are 529 plans?
- How concerned are you that saving for college will impact your child's future financial aid eligibility?
- How would a prolonged drop in the stock market affect your use of 529 savings plans?
- Should the federal government do more to rein in college tuition inflation?
- What is your investment objective in saving for college?
- Would you postpone your retirement by two years if it meant your child attending the college of choice without taking on more debt?
- Regarding the use of taxable investments (e.g. mutual funds) for college savings, in which direction do you think future tax rates will go?
- Is it appropriate for colleges to receive referral fees from student loan companies?
- Do you use your home-state 529 plan or an out-of-state 529 plan?
- Would you require that your child pay or borrow at least part of his/her college education even if you had the money to pay for all of it?
- Would you be willing to make your child the owner of your 529 account to improve his or her future financial aid eligibility?
- If you had just one young child, and were not intending to have more, would you still consider using a 529 plan?
- How would you feel if the IRS prohibited 529 owner transfers prior to death or incapacity?
- How many investment options should a state offer in its 529 plan?
- Would the attachment of a "rewards" program influence your selection of a 529 plan?
- How do you allocate your savings between retirement plans and college savings plans?
- How likely is it that you will attend college or graduate school classes, on campus or online, at any time in the future?
- Should the states be removed from the 529 plan business?
- Which would you choose - 529 or ESA - if you had $2,000 to save for college?
- Is the 2010 "sunset" of the 529 tax exclusion affecting your use of 529 plans?
- Should states be required to open up their 529 deductions to out-of-state 529 plans?
- What is the fairest way to treat 529 assets for financial aid purposes?