1. Not using a 529 plan to save for college
If you're not using a 529 plan to save for college, you could be missing out on:
- Federal tax-free earnings growth
- Tax-free withdrawals
- State tax deductions or credits on contributions
- Full control of the funds in the account
- No income or annual contribution limits
Find a 529 Plan. Select your state below.
Did you know that residents are not limited to investing in their own state’s plan? Another state may offer a plan that performs better and has lower fees. Select your state below to see your state’s plan and other options.