Ascent Non-Cosigned Credit-Based Student Loan Review (Juniors and Seniors Only)
Non-Cosigned Outcomes-Based Loan (Juniors and Seniors Only)
Ascent offers three different lending products that provide remarkable flexibility when it comes to having a cosigner and satisfying credit requirements. We rate their Non-Cosigned Outcomes-Based Loan the best, though it is limited to $20,000 annually.
How does this loan compare?
You’ll notice we rate Ascent highly compared to other lenders, and there’s good reason for that. They offer three different lending products that are each flexible when it comes to repayment and less stringent when it comes to qualifying. One of the best of their loan programs is the Non-Cosigned Outcomes-Based Loan, which is a unique student loan in that for borrowers with no credit history, alternative criteria like GPA, school of attendance, and major can be used to qualify for a non-cosigned loan.
Ascent's non-cosigned loan options, they offer a graduated repayment plan, and you can borrow up to the full cost of attendance at your school. Like other lenders on our list, they don’t charge application, origination or guarantee fees, and they offer fixed and variable interest rates (which are among the lowest in the market). If you choose to repay your loan early, they won’t charge you prepayment penalties. And when it comes to rewards, borrowers enjoy an auto-debit discount, graduation reward and current customer discount.
You can borrow up to the full cost of attendance with Ascent, but their Non-Cosigned Outcomes-Based Loan is limited to an annual maximum of $20,000. Their non-cosigned loans are also restricted to juniors and seniors. Meaning, if you’re a freshman or sophomore, you’ll need to have someone cosign your loans. Additionally, if you go down the non-cosigned route, you get the option of fully deferring your loan payments, but not of paying a fixed amount each month or the interest-only payments (which both help reduce your total student loan debt).
Ascent Student Loans - Private Student Loan Details
- Credit Check: Not specified by lender
- Repayment Terms: 5, 7, 10, 12, 15 years
- Minimum Borrowing Limit: $2,001
- Yearly Borrowing Limit: $20,000
- Aggregate Borrowing Limit: $200,000
- Application Fee: None
- Origination Fee: None
- Prepayment Penalty: None
- Late Fee: Yes
- Minimum Credit Score: None
- Minimum Annual Income: None
- Maximum Debt-to-Income Ratio: None
- Citizenship Restriction: Available to Citizens, Permanent Residents, DACA students, and International Students with a credit-worthy Citizen or Permanent Resident cosigner
- Minimum Enrollment Restriction: Half-Time
- List of States where Loan is Not Available: None
- Approved Schools Include: Not specified by lender
- Immediate Principal and Interest Repayment: None
- Fixed Monthly Repayment: None
- Interest-Only Repayment: None
- Full Deferment: Yes
- Length of Grace Period: 6 months
- Maximum Deferment Period: 48 months
- Maximum Forbearance Period: 24 months
- Cosigner Release Option: Yes, after 24 months on-time payments
- Death Discharge: Yes
- Disability Discharge: Yes
- US-Based Call Center: Yes
- Hours of Operation (in addition to weekdays): No Evenings or Weekends
- Application Timeline: 1-2 business days to review required materials
- Scholarship Search Tool: Yes
- Sponsors a Scholarship: Yes
- Job and Career Assistance: Yes
- Financial Literacy Training: Yes