529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
Celebrate College Savings Month!
September is widely recognized as College Savings Month, and with good reason! As kids ready their new clothes and pack their backpacks to head back to school, the topic of affording college tuition looms large for many parents. In an effort to promote college savings and 529 college savings plans, many states are holding events and hosting contests throughout the month of September. Many of the contests are offering significant prizes, which only sweetens the incentive to start thinking about saving for college if you haven't already!
Check out our growing list below of College Savings Month events taking place all over the country. Also be sure to see what Savingforcollege.com has planned by visiting our College Savings Month page!
We have compiled the following list of state/plan promotions:
CollegeAdvantage 529 is offered by the Ohio Tuition Trust Authority and is available to residents of any state. For 25 years, forward-thinking families across the country have been saving for more than 750,000 past, present, and future college students. With $9.5 billion in assets under management (as of June 30, 2015), CollegeAdvantage offers a Direct-Sold 529 Plan and an Advisor-Sold 529 Plan which is managed by BlackRock and offered through professional financial advisors. To learn more, visit www.CollegeAdvantage.com.
California: ScholarShare "Share Your Spirit" Sweepstakes
- California residents can enter to win money towards a new or existing ScholarShare College Savings Plan Account.
- At the end of each week in September, one entry will be selected to receive $500.
- One entry will be selected to win a $2,500 grand prize on September 26, 2014.
- Enter via ScholarShare's Facebook page
- Deadline: September 25, 2014
Connecticut: CHET College Savings Month Photo Contest
- Parents can upload a photo with a caption of what they think their child will be/do after they graduate college.
- The photo that receives the most likes at the end of September will win a $1,529 contribution to a CHET college savings account.
- More information
Georgia: Path2College 'We Care, Child Care' Sweepstakes
- Georgia residents can enter for a chance to win one of six $1,529 Path2College 529 Plan contributions.
- Entries will be grouped into three regions; two winners from each region will be randomly selected from among all entries.
- Deadline: October 31, 2015
Georgia: Path2College 529 Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
- Enter for a chance to win $5,529 towards a Path2College (Georgia) 529 Plan
- Open to residents - or Path2College 529 Plan account owners - who are the parent, guardian or grandparent of a child born in a Georgia hospital during 2015.
- One winner will be selected to win $5,529, and will have the option to use all or a portion of the prize to open a Path2College Savings plan for the newborn.
- Deadline: April 14, 2016
Kentucky Education Savings Plan Trust Newborn Giveaway
- Open to parents, grandparents, or guardians of babies born in Kentucky during the prior 12 months.
- One drawing will be held each calendar quarter, and the winner will receive a $529 KESPT college savings account. A total of four drawings will take place this year.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by September 30, 2015.
Nebraska: Draw Your Dreams Contest NEST 529 College Savings to Kids
- Twelve winners will each receive a $1,000 scholarship in a NEST 529 College Savings Plan account. Open to the first 400 submissions from children in first grade through eighth grade in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Enter any time between September 1 and September 30 by 11:59pm.
- Only scanned or photographed copies of the original drawings are accepted.
- Entries may be submitted electronically
- Deadline: September 30 by 11:59pm.
North Carolina: NC 529 Holiday Drawing
- Enter any time between July 1 and December 31 for a chance to win $529 towards a NC National College Savings Program Account.
- Each contribution entrants make to their NC 529 savings account between July 1 and December 31 will count as additional entries in the drawing.
- Three winners will be chosen at random to each receive a $529 contribution to their NC 529 Account.
- Deadline: December 31, 2015.
Ohio: College Savings Month Sweepstakes
- Enter to win one of TEN $529 CollegeAdvantage Direct Plan Savings Awards.
- Contest entry period: September 14, 2015 – 11:59 p.m. on October 4, 2015.
- Look for other giveaways at Facebook.com/CollegeAdvantage.
- Entry opens September 14, 2015
- Deadline: 11:59 p.m. on October 4, 2015.
Oklahoma College Savings Plan Newborn Sweepstakes
- Enter for a chance to win $5,529 towards an Oklahoma College Savings Plan.
- Eligible participants include Oklahoma residents who have a child or grandchild born in 2014 at a participating Oklahoma hospital.
- One entrant will win the grand prize on behalf of his or her newborn child or grandchild, and one prize of $1,529 will be awarded to the volunteer auxiliary at the Oklahoma hospital of the winning newborn.
- Deadline: April 14, 2016
Oregon College Savings Plan Zoo Membership Giveaway
- The Oregon College Savings plan and the Oregon Zoo have partnered up to give away one household membership to the ZOO each month during 2015.
- One drawing a month will be held to award one family a zoo membership.
- At the end of the year, one drawing will be held to choose the winner of a $1,000 Oregon College Savings Plan account.
- Deadline: December 31, 2015
Savingforcollege.com College Savings Month Q&A Webcast
- Register for a free, live Q&A webcast featuring three college savings experts on September 10, 2015 at 1:30pm EST.
- Submit your questions at registration to have them answered by the experts during the webcast.
- Webcast registrants will be entered into a drawing to win an Amazon Kindle Fire HD Tablet.
- Register here!
Utah: Utah Educational Savings Plan and Zions First National Bank "Make Your Mark" bookmark contest
- Utah students in grades kindergarten through 12th can enter to win one of eight $1,000 UESP college savings scholarship accounts.
- To enter, students must design and submit a bookmark.
- Winners from different age brackets will be selected: Two from kindergarten through 3rd grade, two from 4th grade through 6th grade, two from 7th and 8th grade, and two from 9th through 12th grade.
- Deadline: September 30, 2015
Have we missed any college savings month contests or sweepstakes? Please let us know.