529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- FREE Family Guide download
- Financial Aid Basics
- Learn about Upromise Rewards
- Find the lowest-cost 529
529 Day - The Definitive Guide
Many states are promoting May 29 (5/29) as a day with special meaning, and are looking to boost interest and participation in their 529 savings programs with various sweepstakes, contests and incentives.
- 04/21: NEST Direct College Savings Plan to lower fees and make changes to investment options
- 04/21: NEST Advisor College Savings Plan to lower fees and replace existing investment options
- 04/21: TD Ameritrade 529 College Savings Plan to lower fees and make changes to investment options
- 04/14: Electronic 529 distributions now possible with participating universities
- 04/12: IDeal to offer lower fees and expanded investment options
529 College Savings Planner
The easiest way to estimate college costs and compare 529 plans.
FREE Book Download
Get our Family Guide to College Savings for free and start saving today!
529 contributions being made for a current college student
We have two children in college at this time. Our son will no longer be consider a dependent after this year. May we continue to contribute to his 529 plan for college expenses as he will not graduate until May 2012 and may continue classes to achieve a higher degree. Also if the funds are not necessary for him can we transfer those funds to his sibling's account. Our state allows a tax deduction that maxs out at 3000 per account and we would like to continue receiving this deduction but are not clear due to his not being our dependent. Discuss
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)