529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and 10-year investment performance. Read More
- Top 10 529 plans
- Free webinar: cutting the cost of college
- Enroll in a 529 Plan
- Find the lowest-cost 529
- States are giving away free money for college
- Help your child get into a top school
- Learn about Upromise Rewards
- FREE Family Guide download
The 15 lowest-cost 529 plans
Worried about fees and expenses when it comes to saving for college with a 529 plan? To ease your concerns, here's a list of the 15 lowest-cost direct-sold 529 plans, based on our annual 529 Fee Study.
- 12/30: Rhode Island launches RI's ABLE plan
- 12/28: Alaska launches Alaska ABLE Plan
- 12/28: Kentucky launches STABLE Accounts for residents with disabilities
- 12/15: Oregon launches ABLE Savings Plan
- 12/15: Oregon launches ABLEforAll plan
529 College Savings Planner
The easiest way to estimate college costs and compare 529 plans.
FREE Book Download
Get our Family Guide to College Savings for free and start saving today!
Superfunding and withdrawal rules
If one superfunds a 529 plan account with five years worth of contributions, must s/he wait five yea...
Anything wrong with this strategy?
My child is going to a college that does not take home equity into consideration. Is there anything ...
College Savings Plan apparently not tax free
I only had one small 529 for my son's college years. I withdrew all of it in one year. The total in...
- 529s and Financial Aid (Video)
- 529s and Financial Aid (Script)
- What are the best ways to maximize the savings in my 529 plan? (Video)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Script)
- What are the steps involved in setting up a 529 account? (Video)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)