529 Plan Details:
Enter your state:
World's Simplest College Calculator:
How old is your child?
Find a 529 Pro:
Enter your zip code:
Enroll In a 529 Plan:
How is your 529 plan performing? Each quarter we analyze thousands of 529 portfolios. Here are our new rankings -- from top to bottom -- for one-year investment performance, three-year investment performance, five-year investment performance and ten-year investment performance. Read More
- FREE Family Guide download
- 529 Savings vs. Loans
- Compare 529 plan performance
- Annual College Savings Survey
The simplest way to estimate college costs.
Use our directory to find a 529 professional near you.
Ask our panel of experts your college savings questions!
You're saying my financial advisor can help me plan for college?
by Kathryn Flynn
Most parents and grandparent already know that they can open a 529 plan through an advisor, but what they may not realize is that advisors are also helping to make college attainable in other ways.
- 09/04: NorthStar Financial Services Group to take over Texas 529 plans
- 09/03: Oklahoma College Savings Plan reduces management fees
- 09/03: Vanguard 529 College Savings Plan lowers fees
- 08/15: Minnesota College Savings Plan reduces program management fee
- 07/22: Ohio BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan renews contract; Lowers fees
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Script)
- What is the first step in getting started with a 529 plan? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Video)
- Coverdell ESA vs. 529 Plan: Which to choose? (Script)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Video)
- What is the best 529 plan for me? (Script)
A few questions about rollovers
I did a rollover at the end of last year from a Coverdell to a 529 (it went from my Vanguard Coverdell account directly into my 529 plan. I never received the money). I have a couple of questions: 1) I received a 1099-Q. Does this transaction need to be reported anywhere on my taxes? 2) I believe I read that you can only do one rollover in a 12 month period. Is that from the date of the distribution?... Discuss